At Fat Hen Farm we love experimenting with new recipes. Not a day goes past where our olive oils or olives aren’t part of a meal – be it a simple dressing or something more adventurous. Here are some of our favourites…
Toast Turkish or ciabatta bread and top with chopped tomatoes, fresh basil and Fat Hen Farm Basil Infused (or natural) Extra Virgin Olive Oil, s & p, which have been tossed together, then crumbled fetta.
spaghetti with wild rocket
Slice black olives, Spanish onion, parmesan and drizzle with FHF Chilli & Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil and wild rocket…so easy!
tuna sashimi starter
Thinly slice fresh Sashimi tuna, top with grated lime, cracked pepper and a drizzle of Fat Hen Farm extra virgin olive oil. Served with a dish of soy sauce.
vermicelli summer salad
Soften vermicelli noodles in boiling water and drain, mix with chopped lettuce, red cabbage, grated carrot, chopped avocado and sliced sundried tomatoes and marinated tofu (optional). Drizzle generously with Fat Hen Farm Chilli & Lime Infused Olive Oil, soy sauce and apple cider vinegar. Scatter Fat Hen Farm Dukkah on top – delish!
green olive, fetta and mint
Toss together green olives, crumbled fetta, mint and walnuts with FHF Mint Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil or a dressing made from Fat Hen Farm Extra Virgin Olive Oil and White Balsamic Vinegar… serve with BBQ’d lamb, chicken or seafood.
feisty macaroni salad
Cook macaroni and allow to cool. Toss with black olives, lots of fresh parsley and seeded and chopped cucumber. Drissle with Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a squeeze of lemon. Dust with paprika or chopped chilli.
QUICK MENU IDEAS…
…with extra virgin olive oil
- Set small dishes of extra virgin olive oil and dukkah and good ciabatta or sourdough bread to dip
- Drizzle lemon myrtle infused olive oil over smoked salmon with capers and dill
- Use garlic infused oil to mash through potatoes or top it on whole roasted spuds instead of butter
- Drizzle ciabatta bread with chilli & lime infused olive oil, then top with tomato and basil
- Put a small puddle of extra virgin olive oil in the bottom of each pasta dish before throwing the pasta and sauce on top – toss, wonderful!
- Instead of butter stir a spoon full of extra virgin olive oil though your risotto before serving
- The easiest and most delicious pasta dish needs only extra virgin olive oil and grated Parmesan
- Grill a piece of fresh fish then drizzle any extra virgin olive oil on top at the end plus a squeeze of lime or lemon
…with olives, tapenade & dukkah
- add flavour to a basic risotto with a spoon of tapenade or a handful of chopped olives stirred through at the end
- add marinated olives to a pasta dish with anchovies, capers, semi-dried tomatoes and plenty of baby spinach
- spread ciabatta or sourdough bread with goat’s cheese, top with tapenade and fresh basil
- add whole black olives to a tomato-based chicken casserole half way through the cooking so the flavours permeate the dish
- spread tapenade over a whole lamb leg roast before putting it in the oven – it will make wonderful gravy!
- add chopped olives to a basic frittata and top with parmesan cheese before grilling
- enliven couscous with sliced olives, chopped preserved lemon, cherry tomatoes and parsley
- cook your favourite pasta, drain. toss through tapenade then grate parmesan on top – easy!
- spread flatbread with avocado, sprinkle with dukkah and wrap it up for a quick snack